- Smederevo Steel mill is a large steel-producing plant with around 5000 employees, which is located in Smederevo, a city downstream from Belgrade on Danube river;
- The plant was founded in 1913 as a private company, nationalized in 1945, and privatized in 2003;
- The company once again became state-owned on January 1, 2012, while it was privatized for the second time in 2016;
- Smederevo Steel mill has an annual capacity of around 2 million tonnes of steel products, but that capacity was rarely in full use;
- Related projects are the construction of new Smederevo port and single-track railway Mala Krsna-Smederevo.